Re: [O] keybindings again...

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] keybindings again...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:14:15 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> writes:

> The alternative to M-S-RET is C-c C-x M = C-c C-x S-m
>
> Why set an alternative like this when ESC RET S-<right arrow> does exactly
> the same thing and is way shorter/more practical ?

"practical" is in the eye of the beholder.

For example, I can type "C-c C-x M" without moving my hands out of the
home row. Both ESC and right arrow require me to quit that position.
I prefer the first one without an hesitation.

> After looking at the "big" manual, I found about speed keys which seem
> to be a much more pragmatic approach to sorting that gui/tty key issue
> in org-mode. But except for a small paragraph and a few items in the
> tty section I could not find any reference to them, and nothing at all
> in the compact manual.
>
> So, I have a few suggestions to improve that part of the documentation:
> 1) add a list of preset keys in the manual
> 2) add a line about speed keys in the compact guide
>
> That's something I could do if the idea is accepted.

Sure! Improvements to documentation are always welcome.

Thank you.

Regards,