Re: [O] [bug?] org-inside-latex-fragment-p broken?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [bug?] org-inside-latex-fragment-p broken?
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:13:14 +0200

> Hello,
>
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Yes, these can be used in partially written fragments.
>
> OK. Does it make sense to use them outside of any fragment? For example,
> you don't need to be in a LaTeX fragment to insert \alpha.

First, we have to be careful because the cdlatex keys occupy a precious
key.

Second, it depends on the cdlatex function in question.
cdlatex-math-symbol-alist already works outside of fragments and it
probably should as it can be used to insert entities, such as "β".

On the other hand, cdlatex-math-modify probably only makes sense inside
fragments.  It is used to change characteristics of already inserted
entity, e.g. make a character bold.  That typically only makes sense
inside a math environment of some sort.  Add to this, that something like
"\mathbf{x}" isn’t "correctly" exported via ox, (it should then produce
"$\mathbf{x}$").  So cdlatex-math-modify should only work inside latex
fragments IMO.

--
m-mm-mmm-mmmm bacon!