Re: [O] mimetype for orgmode files

From: Gergely Polonkai
Subject: Re: [O] mimetype for orgmode files
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 20:16:36 +0000

I'd say text/orgmode (text/x-orgmode if getting into IANA is not an option). text/org feels too generic, as not everyone is familiar with Org.

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017, 21:36 John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
hm. I tried to use this to update the mime-types on Github
(https://github.com/jshttp/mime-db/pull/82#pullrequestreview-45516223),
but the email isn't primary enough for them.

It seems like if we had something on orgmode.org specifying a mimetype
it might work, although better would be to get it in IANA.

Could we come to an agreement on "text/x-org" or "text/x-orgmode" and
document that on orgmode.org?

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F