Re: [O] Bibliograph:ref.bib vs. \printbibliograpy (WAS: Re: > Citations

From: edgar
Subject: Re: [O] Bibliograph:ref.bib vs. \printbibliograpy (WAS: Re: > Citations with org-ref in apa style)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 02:25:56 +0000

Hello Lars,

I am a beginner with Emacs, so my advice may not be very good. I assume that you are using org-ref (I missed part of the conversation). I have no problems with PDF and References (well, except that I don't know how to set an independent headline. I know this is not clear, but I won't hijack your post).

If I want HTML export with citations, I need to use
`bibliography:ref.bib' at the end, where I want the list of
references. However, when exporting to pdf, it works only if I have
\printbibliography at the end. If I use bibliograph:ref.bib, I get the

In my Org file, I have this at the end:

   bibliographystyle:unsrt
   bibliography:../References.bib

I have no #+LATEX_HEADER, but I tried this with a clean Emacs (emacs -Q; you may need to evaluate line by line), and it works for me:

my_file.org
=================================
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (require 'package)
  (package-initialize)
  (require 'org)
  (require 'org-ref)
  (require 'ox-latex)

  (setq org-latex-pdf-process
            '("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
              "bibtex %b"
              "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
              "pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"))
#+END_SRC

* My first section
  According to cite:SmartGuy17, this should work!

* I want this to say "References"
  I don't need this to say References again:
  bibliographystyle:unsrt
  bibliography:References.bib
=================================

References.bib
=================================
@article{SmartGuy17,
  author =       {A. Smart and Handsome Guy},
  title =        {Enjoying Emacs and Org-mode},
  journal =      {Hacking Accounts of Freedom},
  volume =       {2},
  number =       {4},
  pages =        {1858-1894},
  year =         {2017},
}

I hope that this helps :) . Good hacking!

Org mode version 9.0.7
GNU Emacs 24.4.1
org-ref: Version 0.9.0

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!