Re: [O] Allow #+SETUPFILE to point to an URL for the org file

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Allow #+SETUPFILE to point to an URL for the org file
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:45:35 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for one more round of detailed feedback.

I have attached the revised patch.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 8:43 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
It should be something like

  * lisp/org.el (org--file-cache): New variable
  (org-reset-file-cache):
  (org-file-url-p): New function.
  (org-mode-restart): Use new function.

The purpose is to know in what commit the function was introduced, not
what it does.

OK. Done.

The last sentence is not correct. C-c C-c on any settings line resets
the cache, not specifically on "#+SETUPFILE".

I have rephrased it.

I'm worried about this test, and some other below. They require a proper
internet access.

Makes sense.. While this feature does need internet access, running 'make test' shouldn't.

Couldn't we fake `url-retrieve-synchronously' using
`cl-letf' so as to produce a buffer with appropriate contents and return
it? Something (untested) like

  (should
   (string=
    "foo"
    (let ((buffer (generate-new-buffer "test-ox")))
      (unwind-protect
          (cl-letf (((symbol-function 'url-retrieve-synchronously)
                     (lambda (&rest _)
                       (with-current-buffer buffer (insert "HTTP 200 OK\n\nfoo"))
                       buffer)))
            (org-file-contents "http://whatever"))
        (kill-buffer buffer)))))

Thanks. I have used that snippet at applicable places.
--

Kaushal Modi