Re: [O] insert cell inside an org-mode table?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] insert cell inside an org-mode table?
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 10:38:50 +0100

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't totally understand what you want to do. You can insert a row or
> column into a table.
>
>     org-table-insert-column
>     org-table-insert-row
>
> Are you trying to do something different than that?

Yes, I would like to just insert a single cell into a place within the
table, and then be able to adjust all other rows and cells around it, so
that it appears no different from any of the original cells. So that its
assimilated into the table as a whole.

Does this help explain what I want to do?

Thanks
Sharon.