Re: [O] Moving and resetting attachments

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Moving and resetting attachments
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 00:51:34 +0800

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Mostly I was thinking of two things: 1) giving the user the chance to
>> say yea or nay on a file-by-file basis,
>
> I cannot see why this could be a good thing. IIRC, attachment directory
> naming scheme can be somewhat opaque, when using ID, and by changing the
> name, you lose the way to find back the files in the old directory. IOW,
> you most certainly want to move all files.

What I meant was, first ask the user for a directory, then cycle through
the files and ask whether to move each file to that directory. The user
wouldn't specify the directory itself for each file. And with
`map-y-or-n-p', the user can just hit "!" to take care of all files.

Am I misunderstanding your concern? The only time the ID attachment
directory scheme (which is indeed opaque) would come into play is when
the command was called with a prefix argument -- ie, when removing a
custom directory, and reverting to the automatic directory. In that
case, the directory would be automatically derived, and the user would
simply be presented with the choice to move each file there, or not.

Hopefully this is a misunderstanding,