Re: [O] Set org-agenda-span per file

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Set org-agenda-span per file
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 08:01:57 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wednesday, 31 May 2017 at 05:22, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> I don't know the answer to your question, but I am interested in how you
>> are creating an org file synced from your departmental calendar.  Could
>> you share some details of the setup?
>
> What calendar system are you interested in?  The easiest way, in my
> experience, is to use an ics/ical translation script and access the
> ics/ical version of the department calendar, if such is available.  I do
> this to import appointments and TODO information from both MS outlook
> and Google calendar.
>
> I use the attached AWK script.  It has been previously posted to this
> list (many years ago) and a slightly different version is available on
> Worg, I believe.  I've been using this script for a long time and
> generally works very well.  There can be some issues with time zones and
> summer time depending on where you import from...

Thanks for the information.  I seem to remember using your script in the
past.  However, I never managed to automate pulling an ICS file from the
local Exchange server via the EWS API.  I seem to remember there was a
problem with some IIS setting that the Windows admins were unwilling to
change.  So I gave up on that and now just import meeting invites
directly from Gnus into Org using the gnus-icalendar package.

Cheers,

Loris