Re: [O] org to static site?

From: John Ankarström
Subject: Re: [O] org to static site?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 21:51:21 +0200

Chunyang Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> It is said that Nanoc is flexible. You can convert org mode to
> HTML with Pandoc or Emacs. Nanoc supports Pandoc out of box. To
> use Emacs, you need to write your own "filter" (Nanoc's
> terminology, i.e., convert one format into another), for
> example,
> [...]
> I just created my own site <https://xuchunyang.me/> with it
> last week.

Looks fantastic! I've been searching for a good way to write blog
posts in Org, and this looks very promising. Thanks for the
examples, too.

> The syntax highlighting on code block is provided by
> htmlize.el. I noticed `org-html-export-to-html' produces
> different HTML every time even the org file is unchanged at
> all. It is very annoying to me. I found a work-around to avoid
> it,

I've always been annoyed by Org's default heading id's. The way
I usually solve it is by setting a CUSTOM_ID property for every
heading, but it's rather inflexible ...

Does anybody know of a way to have Org produce sensible, readable
id's for headings? Like #this-is-a-heading instead of
#orgdcbac14.

- John