Re: [O] [org] different key binding between GUI emacs and emacs -nw

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [O] [org] different key binding between GUI emacs and emacs -nw
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 12:51:31 +0900

> On May 31, 2017, at 11:38, Tim Cross <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It is certainly a weird issue.

I couldn't agree more :)

> If there was a problem at the OS, window manager or interface library (i.e.
> gtk) level, it should affect all bindings.

That's correct.
Basically, what happens in that in GUI mode, the ESC key is not recognized as
META in org-mode (only as far as I can tell).

> I should also mention that Ubuntu (well Debian really) install a versino of
> emacs which is customized and not stock-stnadard emacs. Also, my macOS
> version of emcs is built using brew install and not brew cask install, so it
> is built from the git repo and not using the macforosx binaries the cask
> version uses.

This morning I have installed emacs from macport (emacs-app-devel) and I've
also built it from the repository (./configure with-ns).

In the locally build version Esc-Left promotes a header. But Esc-Right does not
demote it, it only moves to the next word.

Macport emacs shows the same behavior as brew emacs: in GUI, Esc is not
recognized as Meta.

Weird.

Jean-Christophe