[O] [org] different key binding between GUI emacs and emacs -nw

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: [O] [org] different key binding between GUI emacs and emacs -nw
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 21:29:38 +0900

On May 30, 2017, at 21:21, Tim Visher <address@hidden> wrote:

Sometimes your Terminal application captures these 'extended' bindings.

It is the opposite that's happening. Terminal works fine. It is the GUI that does not accept the bindings. And as I wrote, it is not limited to my macOS (Emacs.app and Aquamacs show the same behavior) but to other people's GTK+ linux or Xubuntu. So it seems that's something that aught to be investigated and eventually fixed.

I've always just accepted that org mode keybindings differ between terminal and gui.

Except that I don't *have* most bindings in GUI. There is probably a rational reason what that is happening. I'm fine with helping with the investigation but I fear that's an area where I can't do much more than that.

Jean-Christophe

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 3:37 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:

> On May 30, 2017, at 15:51, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2017-05/msg00306.html
>>
>> Let me know if you need extra information.
>
> What happens if you replace, e.g.,
>
>  (org-defkey org-mode-map [(meta left)]  'org-metaleft)
>
> with
>
>  (org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "M-<left>")  'org-metaleft)
>
> in "org.el"?

Nothing changes.

Jean-Christophe