[O] :placement documentation imprecise

From: edgar
Subject: [O] :placement documentation imprecise
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 06:25:49 +0000

Hello,

I have this in the documentation (M-x org-info)

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
`:float'
`:placement'
     The table environments by default are not floats in LaTeX.  To
     make them floating objects use `:float' with one of the following
     `sidewaystable' has been deprecated since Org 8.3.  LaTeX floats
     can also have additional layout `:placement' attributes.  These
     are the usual `[h t b p ! H]' permissions specified in square
     brackets.  Note that for `:float sideways' tables, the LaTeX
     export back-end ignores `:placement' attributes.
#+END_QUOTE

But, if I use sideways alone (not sidewaystable), the table is not rotated.

I don't think that this is very important, but I wanted to let you know in case that there is some intention to fix it :) .

Thanks for Org-mode!

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!