Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 10:46:06 +0000

On Mon, May 22, 2017, 1:58 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Even though it is surprising, this is not an issue. The thing is macros
are expanded at the very beginning of the export process, even before
the document is parsed. At this point, the example above is properly
expanded to

  7463.

However, this is then parsed as the first numbered item of a plain list,
which is then exported as

  1.

Thanks for the explanation. That does make sense. The MWE was a little example I wanted to document for myself for this new feature. So this example doesn't show a real world use of that macro.

IOW, there is not much we can do. You may want to insert a zero-width
space between the macro and the dot.

It just so happened that autofilling ended up with a number followed by a period at the BOL. So I couldn't have planned inserting a zero-width space before the dot.

So this makes me think of the use of auto-filling in my regular org files... What if auto-filling happened to create a case like this where a line began with a number immediately followed by a period?! Though ending sentences with a number is rare, I just need to be cautious about this.
--

Kaushal Modi