Re: [O] returning propertized strings

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] returning propertized strings
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 09:04:30 -0400

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 20 May 2017, John Kitchin wrote:

If I run this block I get test as a result, but all its properties have
been stripped.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results drawer
(propertize "test" 'font-lock-face '(:foreground "red") 'help-echo
"tooltip")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
:RESULTS:
test
:END:

Does anyone know where this happens and if it can be avoided?

Where?

Not sure, but late enough that `:results pp' will print them or `:post ...' will receive them in `*this*'.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results drawer pp
(propertize "test" 'font-lock-face '(:foreground "red") 'help-echo "tooltip")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: #("test" 0 4
:   (help-echo "tooltip" font-lock-face
:            (:foreground "red")))

I get this too, but  I really want test to actually be red, and have a tooltip in the results, and neither of these two methods seem to achieve that.

also `*this*' will contain the propertized version if you use the :post header arg.

HTH,

Chuck