Re: [O] stable org-plus-contrib

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [O] stable org-plus-contrib
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 14:20:08 +0100

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, May 11, 2017, 8:20 AM Phillip Lord <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>

>> Really? That's rather confusing. So, it means that a bug here is a bug
>> in a release version?
>>

> Well, a bug's not a bug till it is seen :)
>
> What is the buggy behavior that you find in the Elpa version?

I'm afraid that I didn't note them carefully enough to report. I just
assumed I was on a unstable version. I can cope with being on an
something unstable in general, but don't really have the time to do this
for org also.

> Simply put, the Melpa version has the latest weekly cut from the maint
> branch (minus the contrib packages), the org Elpa version is the same but
> with contrib packages. So those are stable versions. If one finds a bug in
> those, then they get fixed when reported.

Okay, so the last point release with bug fixes? It should be version
9.0 essentially?

> New big features get added to the master (devel) branch.
>
> That said, I have been using the master branch as my daily driver for over
> a year. As of now I don't see any bug that affects my workflow.

Well, you'd probably fix it if there was:-)

Phil