Re: [O] More clocktable breakage

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] More clocktable breakage
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 12:15:22 +0200

Hello,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> I've told you from the beginning that it was a file at work and that it
> would take some time to dig down to the problem since it did work at
> home when I tried to create said ECM.

I know, but I was hoping a few weeks would be enough, since the
resolution of the issue was stalled.

> After a few false starts (thinking that it was Windows vs. Linux and
> the local configurations on each side) I've finally converged to this
> (just insert a new clocktable, then replace the default parameters
> with tstart/tend):
>
>   #+BEGIN: clocktable :tstart "<2017-03-24 Fri 00:00>" :tend "<2017-04-23 Sat
> 23:45>"
>   #+CAPTION: Clock summary at [2017-05-06 Sat 11:09]
>   | L | Headline     | Time   |   |
>   |---+--------------+--------+---|
>   |   | *Total time* | *0:00* |   |
>   #+END:

OK. I inserted it in a fresh Org buffer. Is there any command to call on
it now?

> Sometimes org-element-context recognizes the clocktable as a paragraph
> instead of dynamic-block

FWIW, I get `dynamic-block'.

> (I've not yet figured out why and it isn't vary reproducible, but it
> must have something to do with the cache since it goes away when
> I reload the file)

It is possible, indeed. You can also use M-x org-element-cache-reload to
check this. However, cache is disabled by default, so the problem
shouldn't appear in normal usage.

I start to think that there is no bug in clock tables (but certainly in
the cache mechanism, probably related to some `before-change-functions'
and `after-change-functions' misuse there).

WDYT?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou