[O] Cannot get the EXPORT_FILE_NAME override to work

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: [O] Cannot get the EXPORT_FILE_NAME override to work
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 15:30:51 +0000

Hello,

I am trying to use the EXPORT_FILE_NAME property for the first time, but it is not working.

Here is the MWE:

===== override-export-file-name.org =====
#+TITLE: Test overriding of export file name

* Heading 1
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_FILE_NAME: foo
:END:
I want to name the exported file as =foo.=(something). If I export to HTML, it should be named =foo.html=.
=====

I am using emacs and org version built from master today.

Attempt 1: Export the whole file using C-c C-e h h. But override-export-file-name.html gets created instead of foo.html.

Attempt 2: Select just the Heading 1 subtree, narrow to it, and export that using C-c C-e h h. Again override-export-file-name.html gets created instead of foo.html.

So when does the EXPORT_FILE_NAME property work? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--

Kaushal Modi