[O] Viewing tangled source code as source code block result?

From: D Bro
Subject: [O] Viewing tangled source code as source code block result?
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 17:57:58 -0500

I was wondering if there is any simple way of displaying the actual tangled code in the org-mode buffer and resulting exports.  One can #+INCLUDE the resulting file, seeing it in the export; one can M-x ffap the #+INCLUDE file to see it in a buffer; one can do a hack like shelling out and calling cat; I guess you could write an lisp function that hooked org-babel-tangle, grabbed the buffer, and formatted it as output (haven’t figured out how to do that one yet). One could also do a #+src_begin org block.

But what about a simple :results setting, say ‘tangle’ or ‘noweb’?  Whose #+RESULTS: was actually a #+src_…#end_src block with appropriate language tagging that could get syntax highlighted?

Am I missing something here.  Is there a non-hackish way of composing existing features to print the resulting source of a noweb block, in addition to actually executing it and displaying the value/output?