Re: [O] ANN/RFC: ox-epub

From: Mark Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] ANN/RFC: ox-epub
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 07:18:46 +0200

Hi Eric,

    Eric> this sounds potentially very useful (to me, at least).  Will
    Eric> it export equations and tables, even if as images?  I guess I
    Eric> could simply try it... which I'll aim to do this week.

epubtest.org is something aking to an exhaustive test of feature
compliance of reading
systems. http://epubtest.org/testsuite/epub3/feature/mathml/ details the
MathML support for these devices. It looks kind of discouraging.

Now most readers support some kind of JavaScript, but that support is
not clearly specified in the standard. So using MathJax may be possible
on some devices, but not on others.

I'll keep looking on how to best implement this.

Cheers, Mark

--
   Mark Meyer
   address@hidden