Re: [O] Bug: :session doesn't honor :verbatim [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: :session doesn't honor :verbatim [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 10:19:11 -0700

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017, Tilmann Singer wrote:

Let me add that when not specifying ":results verbatim", the presence of
the % sign in the output also triggers table formatting:

#+BEGIN_SRC sh :session *session*
echo "a%b"
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
|   |
| b |

The extra line looks like a bug in babel. The session will show:

echo "a%b"
bash-3.2$ a%b

as the first two lines in the buffer.

--

Michael might get some relief by altering `shell-prompt-pattern' whose default value is

is tricked by the embedded `%' in the output lines

If you know the prompt will not contain `%', you could delete that.

Changing the asterisk to a plus might work (untested) or maybe adding a blank in the first (negated) char class (also untested). Or if you know what the prompt will be literally, use that: "^My-prompt-[$] *"

[snip]

HTH,

Chuck