Re: [O] Numbering specific headings only

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Numbering specific headings only
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 15:35:45 +0200

Hi,

> When I export the document to PDF, all the headings get numbered.  I only
> want to
> have the 3rd level heading numbered (DEFINITIONS, FOOBAR, etc.).  I have
> got about 50 3rd level headings so far.  There may be more, might get
> less.  I don't want to manually number the headings.

Does this solve your problem:

#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesection}{}
#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesubsection}{}
#+latex_header: \renewcommand{\thesubsubsection}{\arabic{subsubsection}}

Depending on your usage, you might have to disable counter reset between
sections/subsections.  You might be able to use the chngcntr package for
that.

You might be able to use the Org UNNUMBERED property, though I doubt it.

Rasmus

--
To err is human. To screw up 10⁶ times per second, you need a computer