Re: [O] New markup for revising manuscripts

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] New markup for revising manuscripts
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 13:54:38 +0000

On Saturday, 11 Mar 2017 at 18:22, John Kitchin wrote:
> This is probably not feasible with links. that is also a challenge with
> Eric's markup approach. One way is to use visual wrapping so whole
> paragraphs are actually one line.

Yes, multiline highlighting is a challenge.

I finally (a few years ago now) bit the bullet and moved from my old
skool 72 char filled/wrapped lines (I started programming in F66 on
punch cards back in the stone age ;-)) to single line paragraphs with
visual-line-mode and org-indent.  Highlighting (and other markers) now
work as I would like although obviously limited to a single paragraph.

The only negative is the presentation of wide tables where I have to
switch back to non-visual line mode and then back again when I move away
from the table but I have a keybinding to toggle this so not too
painful...  More positively, revision control is cleaner as there is no
reformatting of paragraphs.

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)