Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-skip-deadline-prewarning-if-scheduled as pre-sch

From: Jorge Morais Neto
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-agenda-skip-deadline-prewarning-if-scheduled as pre-scheduled has no effect [9.0.5 (9.0.5-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170210/)]
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 19:12:20 -0300

On 5 March 2017 at 15:03, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> It has an effect, but you are enforcing a pre-warning delay of 6 days.
> in the time stamp above.
>
> I think local syntax overrides global settings. IOW, I don't think this
> qualifies as a bug.

It would have been useful for me if 'pre-scheduled would override the
timestamp-specific lead time.  I don't know if this would be useful
widely enough (I myself don't remember having wished it in other
occasions) to justify changing the behavior of 'pre-scheduled or
adding another value (like 'pre-scheduled-override-local) that does
override.

Perhaps we should at least explicitly document the current situation
in the docstring?  Just add an observation at the end:
    Note that an eventual explicit lead time in the timestamp
overrides the effect of setting this option to 'pre-scheduled or a
number.

"eventual" above means "if it exists"; "eventual" has this meaning
(among others) in Portuguese; I am not sure if it also does in
English.

Regards
--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.