[O] latex export creates "auto" directory

From: Takeshi Teshima
Subject: [O] latex export creates "auto" directory
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 00:55:52 +0900

I have a question regarding latex export.

When I export an org-mode to a latex file, a directory named "auto" is created in the same folder as the tex file.

However, I couldn't find what line in the source code of org-mode creates this directory.

Does anyone know what causes this, or what variables can be used to control where the directory is created?