[O] Where to put dates on meeting headlines

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] Where to put dates on meeting headlines
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:50:58 -0500

Suppose I use a heading to store notes on a meeting.

Is there a canonical location to put a date so I could search for them
later?

It seems like the date is not a deadline, or scheduled timestamp.  I
could see putting the date in the headline, but then I do not see an
obvious way to search for meetings that occurred in a time range.
Putting the date in the body is another location, but then I do not know
how it might be searched again.

Another option is a property, which might be searchable at least with a
function.

What do you do along these lines?

Here is a simple example of a headline I might have, and later I might
want a report of all meetings in the month of February.

* Group meeting <2017-02-24 Fri> :meeting:

Notes about today's meeting...

Thanks!

--
Professor John Kitchin