Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate=nil ignores ":exports results" setting

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate=nil ignores ":exports results" setting - this has changed
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:27:37 +0000

Hi.

On Tue, Feb 21 2017, Charles C. Berry wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2017, Derek Feichtinger wrote:
>
>> Hi Chuck

>>> Indeed.
>>>
>>> It is now *obsolete* and its behavior has intentionally been
>>> changed as noted here:
>>>

>> So, I still feel that this is a very much needed functionality that
>> has been lost on the way.
>
> Nothing is lost here.
>
> Reread the part of my post that you deleted in your reply:
>
> : | ...  Users
> : | who wish to avoid evaluating code on export should use the header
> : | argument ‘:eval never-export’.
> : |
>
> which is how to do what you want.
>
> And maybe review how to set header args buffer wide or system-wide.

I agree very much with the sentiments expressed by Derek
Feichtinger. The old org-export-babel-evaluate allowed a setting to be made
for one or several files. Perhaps I've not understood correctly, but the
new arrangement would seem to suggest that the user has to insert what
they want at each src_code block.

Best wishes,

C.