Re: [O] BUG: agenda for current days excludes reoccurring events

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] BUG: agenda for current days excludes reoccurring events
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 19:27:18 +0100

Hello,

Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> writes:

> If I am on the right track here, org-agenda-show-future-repeats controls
> future repetitions, and org-agenda-prefer-last-repeat controls
> repetitions for today?

Almost. The former controls repetitions starting from tomorrow.  The
latter controls repetitions before yesterday. Repetitions for today are
always shown.

> Sounds like the best option to me. I can try give better informed
> comments after I see what the effect will be in my setup.

I pushed a change in that direction. Here is the new docstring for
`org-agenda-prefer-last-repeat'.

  Non-nil sets date for repeated entries to their last repeat.

  When nil, display SCHEDULED and DEADLINE dates at their base
  date, and in today's agenda, as a reminder.  Display plain
  time-stamps, on the other hand, at every repeat date in the past
  in addition to the base date.

  When non-nil, show a repeated entry at its latest repeat date,
  possibly being today even if it wasn't marked as done.  This
  setting is useful if you do not always mark repeated entries as
  done and, yet, consider that reaching repeat date starts the task
  anew.

  When set to a list of strings, prefer last repeats only for
  entries with these TODO keywords.

The problem is that plain timestamps OTOH and SCHEDULED, DEADLINE
keywords OTOH are no longer consistent. However, displaying too much
past SCHEDULED reminders could clutter the agenda.

I'm now waiting for your better informed comments.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou