Re: [O] Publishing versus normal exporting

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing versus normal exporting
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:43:13 -0500

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm looking at this which seems to suggest a difference between
> "publishing" and normal export (e.g., C-c C-e h o to get an HTML
> export). The Emacs configuration given here would or would not be in
> force with a normal export? What this "complex publishing
> configuration" gives is exactly what I want, but only for one
> project. Is there a way to keep normal export -- and possibly
> multiple projects -- separate?

It would not be in force for normal export. The config file comes into
force when you invoke org-publish and specify a project. You can
specify different configs for different projects by adding entries to
org-publish-project-alist.  In fact, the complex config specifies four
projects, although it is true that three of them are components of the
fourth. Generally, you'd publish the "website" project and the sub-projects
would be published, but you can publish them individually as well.

--
Nick