Re: [O] Latex summary

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Latex summary
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:59:13 -0600

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Russell Adams
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 03:14:31PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>> On Monday, 13 Feb 2017 at 13:06, Russell Adams wrote:
>> > On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 04:30:48PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> >
>> > Sorry, but do you mean in Latex or Org?
>>
>> Sorry.  Not clear in my response!  The #+index: is an org directly.
>>
>> "#+index: keyword" directives are then translated to LaTeX
>> \index{keyword} when exporting to PDF (say) and which can then be used
>> to create an index of keywords and page numbers using the \printindex
>> directive in LaTeX and the makeindex command to process these.  You'll
>> have to modify org-latex-pdf-process to invoke makeindex or else do this
>> manually from the exported LaTeX file.
>>
>> See attached for a minimal example (org and resulting PDF).
>>
>> --
>> : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.4-242-g2c27b8
>
> Eric, thanks for that really detailed input. I'll have to consider
> it. I worry that the keywords aren't like the full sentences I'm
> using.
>
> Essentially what I'm doing is like this.
>
> * Issue A
>
> ** Details
>
> lorem ipsum.........
>
> /Recommendation: I would recommend that you do X/
>
> * Issue B
>
> ** Details
>
> lorem ipsum.........
>
> /Recommendation: Other customers are recommended to do Y/
>
> * Conclusion
>
> #babel to grep the file for recommendations#
>
>  - I would recommend that you do X
>  - Other customers are recommended to do Y

I'm dialing in super late, but seeing this format made me think of
using inline todos for this. Could that be possible? I haven't tried a
test case, but made me think:

- insert inline todos where you have your recommendations below
- maybe use special tag or todo keyword
- create agenda view via elisp src block that could spit out the
results in your conclusions section
- I'm sure someone here could get the ID/link inserted :)

Any interest in trying something like that?

Here was some discussion about inline todos and the comments package.
Looks like Eric was in on that discussion as well!
- https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-04/msg00190.html

John