Re: [O] Merge 9.0.5 to emacs master?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Merge 9.0.5 to emacs master?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:32:20 -0500

Hi Bastien,

Bastien Guerry <address@hidden> writes:

> Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Kyle -- Would this be a good time to start the merge to emacs master?
>>
>>>From my standpoint, that'd be fine.  I'm not aware of any outstanding
>> patches that need to be backported from the Emacs repo.
>
> Before undertaking this, we need to make sure the Emacs maintainers
> are fine with it -- I'm late in reading the related discussions.
>
> Can you wait a few days for my "go" ?

I'll do better than that and wait indefinitely since the plan isn't for
me to do the syncing :)

To give a bit more context to Kaushal's question, when he asked the list
previously [*1*] about syncing 9.0.4 with the Emacs repo, I replied
[*2*, *3*] that we should wait for the next release because there were
Emacs commits that still needed to be backported, as well as white space
touch-ups that were needed in order for the Org files to pass Emacs's
pre-commit check.

I also mentioned [*2*] that I had created a branch, emacs-sync, in the
Org repo that contains a few extra changes that I think are appropriate
for the sync.  That branch is up-to-date with 9.0.5.

[*1*] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-01/msg00551.html
[*2*] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-01/msg00571.html
[*3*] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-01/msg00584.html

--