Re: [O] Question about running the tests

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] Question about running the tests
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 12:22:32 +0100

> Perhaps the bundled org in stock emacs interfered with a newer
> downloaded version because load-path is not configured properly. If a
> mixed-version installation happened to Carsten, it is probably
> happening to lots of people. I also use a Mac and it's happened to me
> before. What else can be done to prevent this from affecting normal
> users? Would it be possible for org to do a quick self-consistency
> check on startup?

There could be done a lot, I guess.

But I think the situation currently is quite good.

There is http://www.randomsample.de:4457/waterfall which shows the
last build on a reference platform.

You can checkout a fresh orgmode source-tree and activate it with a
minimal configuration file.

If there are problems with an individually configured installation you
have no other choice than to somehow find out what is the culprit
AFAICS.  E.g. debugging and comparing to a reference.

Btw for the concrete issue in this thread about "ob-sh" and "sh" the
user-individual settings for BTEST_OB_LANGUAGES in the local*.mk
makefiles could be of interest.

Best regards

                       Marco