Re: [O] org manual not updating when pulling from git

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] org manual not updating when pulling from git
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 00:01:08 +0100

Hi!

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Dokos writes:
>> "make doc" or "make pdf" will update the PDF file. If you use one of
>> the update targets in the makefile, it may have been updating the pdf
>> doc under the covers. Taking a look through recent commits, the only one
>> that might be relevant seems to be this:
>>
>> ,----
>> | commit c90c7a33f53ad88dfcc583ad4c77bec306da0b22
>> | Author: Marco Wahl <address@hidden>
>> | Date:   Wed Feb 1 11:16:16 2017 +0100
>> |
>> |     targets.mk: Drop the rule to clean at every compile
>> |
>> |     Rationale: 1. Save time and energy.  2. Use the make tool for what
>> |     it's been made.
>> `----
>
> That commit should probably be reverted.  The make tool can't do what
> it's been made for in this case since some of the dependencies can not
> be correctly determined.  You can still skip the clean if you want to by
> using the compile-dirty target.

Ah!  I didn't see target 'compile-dirty'.  Thank you for the hint.

So for now I'm happy with the build process with the existence of

    make compile-dirty

and further

    make test-dirty

Also the names are well chosen AFAICT.

I agree that the commit should be reverted and I already did the revert.
Please accept my apology for the irritation about the build behavior.

Best regards

                       Marco