Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 17:30:57 +0100

John Wiegley writes:
> Many software projects have package ecosystems surrounding them that deal with
> similar issues, and I can't, off-hand, think of cases where the answer was
> "let's move some of those packages into core development to ease
> ___".

Just from the software I worked with over the years, I remember
KDevelop, Typo3, Drupal and MediaWiki moving plugins to core. It's
really not uncommon. I still use Drupal, and moving important plugins to
core has made updates *much* less brittle. I just wish Jenkins would do
the same already...

-David