Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [O] Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 23:13:02 +0200

> From: David Engster <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,
> address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 21:57:02 +0100
>
> > Ask the package maintainers, they see significant advantages in being
> > able to release interim versions independent of Emacs releases.
>
> But we are discussing moving CEDET, Gnus and Org out of Emacs core, and
> at least the former two do not plan to provide updates between Emacs
> releases.

That's fine with me, I have nothing against leaving some packages in
emacs.git if their maintainers so wish.  I was replying to a single
aspect of this discussion: the expectation that packages which will be
moved to ELPA will necessarily and inevitably suffer in terms of QA
and the developers' attention they receive.  I'm saying that AFAIU
this is not supposed to happen, for the reasons I presented.