Re: [O] fill text (indent) in lists

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] fill text (indent) in lists
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 18:59:31 +0100

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > Hello,
>    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    >> I am sorry but I don't understand your instructions.
>    >>
>    >> Given
>    >>
>    >> - Rzcrmnzbf pba Pnyphyb Ahzrevpb. FBYNZRAGR grarzbf qbf frznanf
>    >> (FRVF UBENF RKNPGNZRAGR)
>    >> r vzcnegvzbf yb arprfnevb cnen unpre yn ubwn qr ceboyrznf: reebe
>    >> eryngvib l reebe nofbyhgb, ncebkvznpvba cbe
>    >> ry cbyvabzvb qr Gnlybe,
>    >> qrevinpvba r vagrtenpvba ahzéevpn, cbyvabzvb qr yntenatr, zrgbqb qr
> rhyre cnen RQBf.
>    >>
>    >> What I am supposed to do now?
>    >> Where shall I put the cursor?
>    >> Where I am supposed to run C-x r o?
>
>    > You are supposed to create a 2 characters wide rectangle anywhere before
>    > the text. Using `open-rectangle' (C-x r o), you will shift the text
>    > inside the item. Then Org can properly fill it.
>
> I am sorry but it does not work.

I think you need to read (info "(org) Plain lists"), in particular third
paragraph.

Anyway, let me try again. [X] are corners of the rectangle selection,
i.e., the point and mark,

  - Rzcrmnzbf pba Pnyphyb Ahzrevpb. FBYNZRAGR grarzbf qbf frznanf
  [X](FRVF UBENF RKNPGNZRAGR)
  r vzcnegvzbf yb arprfnevb cnen unpre yn ubwn qr ceboyrznf: reebe
  eryngvib l reebe nofbyhgb, ncebkvznpvba cbe
  ry cbyvabzvb qr Gnlybe,
  qr[X]evinpvba r vagrtenpvba ahzéevpn, cbyvabzvb qr yntenatr, zrgbqb qr rhyre
cnen RQBf.

Then, C-x r o.

Your text moves into the item.

Then M-q.