[O] org-capture does copy selected marked text

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] org-capture does copy selected marked text
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 19:47:03 +0000

Hello

I am using GNU emacs 26 and org 8.3.6.

I have used org-capture a long time ago and do not recall the details,
but I thought I could select a text and then org-capture would copy that
selected text to a file of my choice in a format I can customize. A bit
like good old remember does/did.

For example I have set

        ("j" "Journal Entry"
         entry (file+datetree "~/ALLES/journal.org")
         "* %?"
         :empty-lines 1)

But when I call org-capture and then j the selected text is not copied.
What do I miss?

Regards

Uwe Brauer