Re: [O] org-babel-capitalize-example-region-markers

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel-capitalize-example-region-markers
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:25:04 -0500

Vicente Vera <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello.
>
> Just noticed that example block headings wrapping code evaluation
> results appear downcased (arrows added):
>
> #+RESULTS:
>
> #+begin_example <=
> ... some result...
> #+end_example   <=
>
> In ob-core.el, line 2438 there's a "hidden" variable that controls
> wether the headings appear upcased:
> ‘org-babel-capitalize-example-region-markers’. Setting it to non-nil
> seems to solve the "problem".
>
> Shouldn't this variable be public through the customize interface?

Yes, I think it should be.  And it would be consistent with
org-babel-results-keyword being a defcustom.

I don't see a reason for making it a defvar given in f64a859db (force
cap of auto-inserted begin/end example block, 2012-05-21), the commit
that introduced the variable [1], or in the post [2] that resulted in
the addition.

> Also, it seems "capitalize" is the wrong verb here?

Something with "upcase" or "uppercase" would have been better given the
behavior of upcase and capitalize.

[1] Originally named org-babel-capitalize-examplize-region-markers
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-05/msg00607.html

--
Kyle