Re: [O] org-entry-delete vs org-entry-put

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: [O] org-entry-delete vs org-entry-put
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 14:50:33 +0100

Hello,

> Michael Welle <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 1. Property names like DISABLED-SCHEDULED seem to be problematic. I
>>    guess the regexp matching the scheduled property is too greedy.
>
> What exactly is problematic? Could you expound a bit?
no, I can reproduce it today... My initial idea was to use something
like that:

(org-entry-put pom "DISABLED-SCHEDULED" "bar")

But the created property was always named DISABLED-SCHED or DISABLED-SCHE
I can't remember exactly how the regexp matching part was meant. I tried
that a few times and every property with SCHEDULED in its name failed
that way. Sorry for the noise.

>> 2. (org-entry-put pom "SCHEDULED" nil) removes the property, but
>>    (org-entry-delete pom "SCHEDULED")  doesn't.
>
> Fixed: `org-entry-delete' now deletes wrong "SCHEDULED" property. Thank
> you.
Thank you.

>>    On the other hand,
>>    (org-entry-put pom "foo" nil) doesn't remove the property, but
>>    (org-entry-delete pom "foo")  does.
>
> I don't see any problem here given the docstring of `org-entry-put'.
No, there is no problem. I just wanted to point out, that o-e-p and
o-e-d behave different, if fed with a well known property like SCHEDULE
and a property like foo. I have no preference if (o-e-d pom "SCHEDULED")
deletes the property (like it is now) or if (o-e-p pom "foo" nil)
deletes the non well known properties.

Regards
hmw