Re: [O] Recurring tasks and arbitrary properties

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Recurring tasks and arbitrary properties
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 14:09:39 +0100

Hello,

Michael Welle <address@hidden> writes:

> a task like this behaves like a recurring task, i.e. if I set the task
> state to DONE it is automatically switched back to TODO. Is that the
> intended behaviour?
>
> * TODO task1
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :FOO: <2017-03-12 Sun ++1w>
>   :END:

Historically, location of regular (i.e., non scheduled non deadline)
active time stamps in an entry has always been sloppy. In particular,
Org Agenda happily processes active time stamps in properties drawers.

IMO, this shouldn't be the case, but I can see a use for it and doing
otherwise would probably break a lot of documents for little benefit.

So, yes, this is the intended behaviour.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou