Re: [O] Parser cache is disabled by default

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Parser cache is disabled by default
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 00:16:48 +0100

Hello,

Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there an easy to follow receipt what to do in order to help
> you debugging?  When Emacs hangs I do pkill -USR2 emacs but then
> there is no debug info!?

The freezes itself is easy to understand. The cache (an AVL tree) is
corrupted, and inserting a new cached object infloops, roughly.
Debugging data obtained at the time of the freeze is probably not
useful.

The difficult part is to find an ECM to reproduce the bug. AFAIU,
headlines are involved, probably in conjunction with property drawers.
Unfortunately, you may only realize the cache is corrupted quite some
time after it happened.

Typically, you are close to getting a recipe when you experience
a freeze, reset the cache (`org-element-cache-reset'), resume working
and quickly experience another freeze. The ingredients are between the
reset and the new freeze.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou