Re: [O] How do you store web pages for reference?

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] How do you store web pages for reference?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 15:43:25 +0100

 On Mon, Jan 16 2017 at 09:48:38 am, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I'm looking for a workflow that allows me to save a web page for
> reference, ideally from Firefox. I know of org-protocol-capture-html
> (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-protocol-capture-html), which is
> perfect for pure-text pages, but I'm also looking for a solution for
> images-heavy pages. I've tried to simply save the page to PDF, but it
> does not preserve the links.

I am using the Firefox plugin Shelve[1] which stores all of my web
pages visited. Those HTML files are written with an ISO time-stamp
in their file name. Therefore, my Memacs filename module (see sig)
is indexing all visited URLs and they appear on my agenda.

So I do have a direct link between my agenda and the HTML files of
all web pages I have visited.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/shelve/

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/