[O] Syncing methods for org files and org-mobile.el

From: Sean Escriva
Subject: [O] Syncing methods for org files and org-mobile.el
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 03:30:28 +0000

Greetings fellow Org users,

I'm the current maintainer for MobileOrg iOS[1] and am interested to get feedback from any org-mobile users. What do you use to sync org files across different machines, how could the current org-mobile workflow be improved (if at all)?

We're actively working to get a refreshed MobileOrg release out and there is currently some discussion related to syncing methods used to share org files with mobile devices in a github issue[2]. No doubt many other org users keep their org files in a git repo or other scm, so the question has come up of just using git directly to sync with a mobile client. Some feel that "for many users it's annoying to remember every time to push/pull when changing devices" but I am of the opinion that we should always maintain compatibility with the emacs lisp library that is currently implemented for syncing org files.

Perhaps there is room to improve the behavior or org-mobile.el in ways that would benefit users syncing org files on multiple machines and mobile devices. I would appreciate input or suggestions for ways to enhance the mobile sync experience/workflow.

Thanks,
Sean

[1] https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg/
[2] https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg/issues/120