Re: [O] function to select text of in a cell of a table

From: D M German
Subject: Re: [O] function to select text of in a cell of a table
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 10:44:51 -0800

 Kaushal Modi twisted the bytes to say:

 Kaushal> Check out this earlier thread:
 Kaushal> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-05/msg00240.html

 Kaushal> You probably just need the org-table-mark-field definition from that.

thank you both very much. Kaushal, your function is exactly what I
needed.

--daniel

 Kaushal> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016, 8:28 AM Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:

 >> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016, dmg wrote:
 >>
 >> > hi everybody,
 >> >
 >> > has anybody written a function to select the text in a cell of a table?
 >>
 >> If you mean like what ob-ref.el uses to support babel references, yes.
 >>
 >> Also see org-table.el.
 >>
 >> If you just want support for working with Babel src blocks, see
 >>
 >> (info "(org) var")
 >>
 >> HTH,
 >>
 >> Chuck
 >>
 >> --

 Kaushal> Kaushal Modi

--
Daniel M. German                  "If Microsoft ever does applications
   Linus Torvalds ->               for Linux it means I've won."