[O] Copying actions from meeting notes with org-mactions-collect-todos-i

From: donotspamthis
Subject: [O] Copying actions from meeting notes with org-mactions-collect-todos-in-subtree
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 13:57:23 +0100

Hi,

I am refering to the meeting notes workflow described in http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-meeting-tasks.html.

This is an example of some meeting notes.

    * Notes from [2017-01-02 Mo]
    ** Topic 1
    Something was discussed
********** TODO Action #3 A nice little inline task :#3:
    ********** END

    Something else was
********** TODO Action #4 Another inline task :#4:
    some details of the other inline task.
********** TODO Action #5 Somebody calls someone :#5:

** TODO Action #2 Jorge will send out meeting notes :#2:

Calling M-x org-mactions-collect-todos-in-subtree, not all the actions are copied to the kill ring (as I would expect).

The behavior varies depending on the position of the point when calling the function: a. Having the point on Action #2, only this one TODO is copied to the kill ring. b. Having the point somewhere else in the meeting notes, I get the “user-error: The kill is not a (set of) tree(s) - please use <S-insertchar> to yank anyway” (kill ring stays the same). c. Having a region marked, the behavior is either (a.) or (b.) depending on the position of the point.

I am using org-mode 9.0.3 within GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-w64-mingw32) and I did copy the custom code from the above tutorial to my .emacs file.

Can anybody tell what the problem might be or give me further hints to debug?

Thank you