Re: [O] Android org app with sync?

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] Android org app with sync?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:43:42 +0100

Dear Alasdair,

On Sun, 18-12-2016, at 01:59, Alasdair McAndrew <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but
> I've hunted about - both on the web and on Google Play - to find
> some app which can sync with my org files.  The closest I've come
> is orgzly:
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orgzly
>
> which however only syncs with Dropbox, which I don't use (I use a
> self-hosted ownCloud instead).
>
> Are there any other apps which will allow me to update and edit
> org files on my android device, and have them sync automatically?
>
> I guess I can probably use orgzly with a local file, and have a
> third party app sync with my ownCloud files.  Seems like extra
> fuss, though!

You can used orgzly with syncthing (syncing the directory where file
reading from/writing to takes place) so Dropbox is not needed. I assume
something similar could be done with ownCloud.

That said, at least some of us are still waiting for Orgzly to become free
software: https://plus.google.com/112212983680346701286/posts/hGnkkxDsUjT

But

http://www.orgzly.com/help#Source

doesn't give many specifics.

I use MobileOrg (the app and link Eric gave).

Best,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte