Re: [O] Bug: Org Emphasis Issues (Trunk)

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Org Emphasis Issues (Trunk)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 22:02:51 -0600

Ian Dunn <address@hidden> writes:

>     I encountered these issues this morning when I updated Org from
>     trunk (and reloaded it with C-c C-x !). I believe it's following
>     commit "Split `org-emph-re' and `org-verbatim-re'". I've got 2
>     issues:

>     1. Nothing longer than one character has emphasis. I find changing
>     the 4th element of org-emphasis-regexp-components ("body-regexp")
>     to ".*?" fixes this.

I cannot replicate this particular issue. Could you provide a minimal
recipe for replicating?

>     2. Headings of level >= 3 are fontified as if they were
>emphasized. I'm guessing org-do-emphasis-face is considering "***" as
>an acceptable emphasis string.

I can confirm the problems with headlines, though I can only replicate
it with level 2 headings. (Are you perhaps using org-indent-mode?)

With emacs -Q and the latest org from git, if I open the following file,
"Subheading 1" appears in bold. If I delete "Subheading 2," the emphasis
disappears.

* First headline
** Subheading 1
** Subheading 2