Re: [O] including external file in src block execution; ATTR_HTML on src

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] including external file in src block execution; ATTR_HTML on src blocks
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 09:16:53 -0800

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, Matt Price wrote:

[snip]

My questions are:
1. can I pass this html attribute to the <pre><code> block somehow?

Yes.

ATTR_HTML doesn't seem to work.  Is this a bug? If so, should I try to fix
it?

No and no.

Did you try

: (plist-get (cadr src-block) :attr_html)

in `org-html-src-block' ?

If not, is there a simple way to use header arguments to pass
information down?

The answer is still no. ;-)

There are complicated ways. See

https://github.com/chasberry/orgmode-accessories/blob/ravel-lang/ox-ravel.org

for one such. But for what you are doing ATTR_HTML is easiest.

I am already rewriting the exporter's src-block export
function, so I can try to accomplish what I need to in that context.

BTW, the cleanest way to do this is by writing a derived exporter:

:  (org-export-define-derived-backend 'reveal 'revealplus ...

In your case you only provide the src-block entry for the :translate-alist, :options-alist entries for any you redefine or introduce, and optionally a :menu-entry.

Also, you'll probably want to add a hook to `org-export-before-parsing-hook' (see below).

If you do this, then `#+ATTR_REVEALPLUS:' seems suitable.

2. I'd like to be able to test my code directly in org (since I'm a lousy
coder and a clumsy typist). Can I tell org to load other files before
executing a src block?

Yes. Depending on what you want one of these:

* Add this to `org-export-before-parsing-hook', perhaps in setting up a
  derived exporter.

* Or perhaps by using a local variable `eval' see

: (info "(emacs) Specifying File Variables")

* Or by executing a src-block that loads those files.

HTH,

Chuck