Re: [O] org-depend: dependencies between TODO entries in different files

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] org-depend: dependencies between TODO entries in different files
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 12:57:30 +0100

Hi,

* Christophe Schockaert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik writes:
>
>> I can take a look at that.  Unless Nicolas already is working on it, of
>> course.
>>
>> [...]  Is anyone besides Karl using it regularly?  I don't want to
>> break anything by changing it.

Good point.

However, I don't think that there is a situation where
«ID-dependencies are found in all/agenda files» instead of
«ID-dependencies are found only within the same file» does break a
workflow. Using ID-dependencies from another file simply result in
false behavior in the current situation and not in a different
behavior.

Just my 2 cents.

> I started to use it a few months ago, and I am using it more and more
> when I have to gather a bunch of existing actions and give a follow-up
> for such a subset. Or when I need to refer to a subaction not directly
> related, before I can go further in a broader project.

I am using it heavily to implement workflows I could not do
otherwise: TRIGGER and BLOCKER.

For me, org-depend functionality was the reason to begin with
org-mode in the first place. And it is still one of my top three
org-mode features. When I show org-depend in my org-mode workshops,
I still get very positive feedback.

> And thank you Karl for asking !

You're welcome.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github