[O] Custom agenda column format issues with org mode 9.0

From: Christian Prothmann
Subject: [O] Custom agenda column format issues with org mode 9.0
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 20:33:57 +0000 (UTC)

I just updated to version 9.0 (elpa version Nov 18) and experienced issues with the custom agenda views in column format.

I had previously specified my custom agenda views using: org-agenda-overriding-columns-format %Custom1 .... etc.

After the switch to version 9, I only got the default column format output: %25ITEM %TODO %3PRIORITY %TIMESTAMP, when I selected my custom column agenda view––although each column still had the custom column name, the column content was populated according to the default format (%25ITEM %TODO etc.).

I found a workaround by substituting org-agenda-overriding-columns-format %Custom1... with org-columns-default-format %Custom1 .. for each custom view.

I could not find a reason why version 9 would not allow me overriding the default column format–any suggestions?