[O] Using an org based init file slows down emacs startup by 50x..help n

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: [O] Using an org based init file slows down emacs startup by 50x..help needed :(
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 10:36:01 +0200

Hi all

So after a few months of frustration today i discovered the issue that's been bothering me for a long time..the REALLY slow emacs startup (sometimes 5 minutes or more).

The cause is the org mode init file i use. what i currently have in my setup is

A. this init.el:

(require 'package)
;since we are using use-package-don't autoload anythings
(setq package-enable-at-startup nil)

(add-to-list 'package-archives '("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/"))
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("marmalade" . "https://marmalade-repo.org/packages/"))
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/"))
;; org maybe suspect of hanging melpa, if you have hangs disable this first
(add-to-list 'package-archives '("org" . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/"))
;; Initialize installed package
(package-initialize)

;; Bootstrap `use-package'
(unless (package-installed-p 'use-package)
(package-refresh-contents)
(package-install 'use-package))

(org-babel-load-file (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/settings.org"))

B. My config stored in settings.org which alot  of lisp code (like 17,000 lines..yeah i like to tinker :))

Using this method i discovered that every time i make a small change to setting.org and restart emacs the setting.org gets tangled to settings.el and emacs takes nearly 5!!! minutes to start..yeah thats painful as you can imagine.

BUT what i discovered today is that if i just stick my config chunks from setting.org (ie the tangled setting.el file) into init.el, emacs starts super fast each time, even when i change the init.el file!

can anyone help me with this, i really would appreciate you guys help with this as its driving me mad :)

thx alot in advance